Maternity Photography Session Information
There is no better way to celebrate your pregnancy and the new addition to your family (and to show your children what mummy and daddy were like) than with a maternity session. It’s an important milestone.
All our maternity shoots are done either in the comfort of your own home or out on location in the Central Coast and Newcastle areas. (There is an additional travel charge for Sydney). Some locations that we love working at are beaches, rivers, rock pools, parks etc. Somewhere a little quiet, away from crowds. And your husband/partner are most welcome to be involved in the shoot.
It’s best to get the photos taken in the latter stages of your pregnancy when your bump in nice and big… we recommend from 28 weeks onwards. And we normally do the shoots late afternoon, to take advantage of the softer sun.
- Don’t wear any tight clothes and elastic around your bump before the shoot as it can leave marks which take a while to disappear.
- But wear fitted tops as it will show your bump off and loose tops can make you look bigger than you actually are.
- Treat yourself before the shoot and get your hair and makeup done.
- Feel free to bring any items that show who you are and what you like doing. We can incorporate this into the shoot and really show your new baby what Mum & Dad were like before they came along. You can also bring any items that you have already bought for your baby… shoes, toys etc.
- Make sure you have eaten before the shoot so you have energy… you are eating for two after all
- Bring a sense of humor, a fun attitude and enjoy the experience.